The Mission of Friends of 40Prado
The mission of the Friends of 40Prado is to provide support funding for operation of 40Prado, a service center for the homeless in our community helping them find a level of self-sufficiency appropriate to each individual.
40Prado relies on financial support from the community for daily operations, weekend hours, the children’s program, general supplies, facility repairs and maintenance.
40Prado is the only day center serving the homeless population in the region. Every day, between 90 and 100 people seek refuge and assistance at 40Prado. Many of the center’s participants are women and children.
40Prado provides a safe haven for those in need and offers a comprehensive array of services and resources to meet basic needs:
- Housing referrals
- Job counseling and skills assessment
- Access to computer & resume/interview coaching
- Medical and rehabilitation services
- Restroom and shower facilities
- Laundry room for client use
- Local phone usage
- Lockers to store personal Items
- Voice mail and message service
- Enriching, age-appropriate activities for children
- Fenced play yard and indoor homework area for children
- Community vegetable and flower garden
- Daily meals provided by People’s Kitchen
- Bus tokens for local bus routes to essential service sites
Location of 40Prado – 40 Prado Road, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401