40 Prado Warming Center
*MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL SCHEDULED WARMING CENTERS
AND ANY WARMING CENTER ACTIVITIES AT ANY TIME IF THE WEATHER DOES NOT
MEET WARMING CENTER CRITERIA OR IF STAFF/VOLUNTEER SHIFTS DO NOT GET COVERED
***CLIENT CHECK IN BEGINS AT 4:30 PM
Those needing shelter may arrive at any time during the evening; however, if someone leaves, they may not return that night. Pets ARE allowed. Smoking is allowed in the designating smoking area. Overnight guests will be provided a safe, dry place to sleep and a meal.
While the Warming Center closes at 8 AM, clients may access regular Day Center services beginning at 8:30 AM.
The Warming Center currently needs donations of the following:
Sleeping bags are very much needed!
- Large trash bags
- Disposable plates, bowls, cups, and utensils
- Coffee, tea, creamer, sugar
- Breakfast Bars
- Instant Noodle/Cup of Noodles
- Large backpacks
- New socks and warm gloves
- Rain gear/ponchos/umbrellas
The Warming Center may be activated on future dates, depending on weather conditions. Call 211 for current information on Warming Centers throughout San Luis Obispo County.
WARMING CENTER RULES:
All Center Rules remain the same for warming station hours. In addition:
- The Warming Center is to be a safe place for individuals to come out of the rain and cold. Therefore if staff believes that an individual is exhibiting behavior that could be potentially threatening or unsafe for themselves and/or other WC participants, they will be asked to leave. Individuals currently on suspension must obtain permission from Center Supervisor(s) or Director prior to coming into the Center. Call (805) 544-4004 if you are suspended and wish to utilize the Warming Center.
- No laundry, phones, computers, mail/messages during warming station hours.
- Animals are only allowed in the kennels or, if service animals, management approved crates while on the site (animals are not allowed loose/leashed indoors, in the breeze-way, in the yard or in the staff parking lot. Only in the kennels or management approved crates).
- Client Chores are mandatory. No tokens will be given out, clean up is mandatory for Warming Station use.
- Clients will awake at 6:00 am. Morning chores and clean-up will begin no later than 6:30 am. All clients will be involved with clean up and set up for the day shift.
- All clients will leave the building at 7:30 am so Day Staff can set up for normal check in. Warming Station clients wishing to remain for day services must check in as normal Day Center Clients when normal check in occurs (clients may not sign up for phone/chores before check in time).
- Any sleeping bags given out at warming station can be kept by the clients. Blankets must stay at the Center! Sleeping bags are not to be shared between clients and staff will not hold used sleeping bags.
For those individuals needing immediate support, SLO Hotline is a confidential mental health support, crisis and suicide prevention telephone line which also provides mental health resource information. Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. (805)783-0607